This post is the third in the series describing the web-interface I created to administer a questionnaire with the Delphi method. In this post I describe the code used to give feedback to the participants in round 2 of the Delphi study on functional magnetic resonance imaging on tinnitus. If you are interested in the previous posts, this post describes the interface for round 1 whereas this post describes (the first part of) the interface for round 2.
Continue reading “Web-interface for Delphi Method III”
This post is an update on the previous post translating Byron and Wattenberg’s streamgraphs algorithm into R. Byron and Wattenberg’s algorithm produces beautiful streamgraphs with the synthetic data produced by their streams generator. However, the implementation yields an ugly streamgraph when applied to data which might not be as wiggly as the synthetic ones. In the attempts I made I got very peaky wiggles, not smoothed and irregular. In short the graphs did not transmit the idea of a stream, but of a blurry blob or a peaky primitive bat (the wooden club, not the animal, that would be cool!). In this post I bring-up some points to bear in mind when producing a streamgraph. Continue reading “Streamgraph in R [final]”
This is the third post on streamgraph in R. After a simple introduction on how to generate a streamgraphs and an example with actual data it was time for a more general implementation to the creation streamgraphs using R. Continue reading “Streamgraphs in base::R [e.III]”
Parallel coordinates can be very helpful in understanding relationships among more than two variables. The first time I encountered parallel coordinates I did not understand their potential, until I saw Alberto Cairo’s slopegraph. In that slopegraph Cairo color-coded the Continue reading “Color-coded parallel coordinates in R”