This post title is inspired by the title of a movie, witch hunt, I did not see, but I do like the sound of the title. I decided to change the dataset I am exploring for the data management and visualization course (if you need an introduction check this previous post). I decided to change dataset because it is not interesting to do the assignments with an already clean dataset. In fact, this week assignment requires pure data management, which is 1) identification and removal of missing values 2) computation of new variables etc. Since my dataset is already clean and only has three variables, I have nothing to do for the assignment. In the previous assignment I already came up with a new variable, and I was not capable to invent something new. But then I got a fantastic idea.
Second assignment for the Coursera Data Management and Visualization ‘challenge’ (here is the introduction). I rename the data management and visualization course to challenge since it has been a bit challenging to keep up with the weekly deadlines (and this is only the second week). But I am happy I am still close to the deadline when submitting the assignments. The goal of this second assignment is to load the data set and explore it by means of some descriptive statistics. Below I adapted the sample text for this assignment.
Continue reading “Loading data and frequencies [DAI -II]”